Thursday 12 January 2012

Behind the Scenes of Zendaya's Cover Shoot


As you might know, Caroline Sunshine was the January Cover girl for Dream Magazine! You can read an interview with her here. I just added 4 images to the gallery from the photoshoot, taken by Alexandra DeFurio, and then the Cover page.

July Cover Girl: Zendaya

Dream: How are you and your character Rocky on “Shake It Up” similar?
Zendaya: Rocky and I are similar in so many ways. We’re both the shy and more reserved ones of the bunch and we also are both total school girls; nothing less than an A plus! And we are both vegetarians!!
Dream: What has been your favorite episode to film so far?
Zendaya: I have many favorites, but my tops are Age It Up, Wild It Up and Model It Up. I love these because Rocky really got to go out of her element, which was super fun to play.
Dream: You were a dancer before you got the role on “Shake It Up”, how did you get started into dancing and what is your favorite type of dance?
Zendaya: Well, I’ve always loved to dance, but I started really working at it when I was about 8, in a hip hop dance troop called Future Shock Oakland. After that, I did Hula, random I know, but hip hop is definitely my strong suit.

Dream: If you could choose one person to guest star on “Shake It Up” who would it be?
Zendaya: My dream guest star would be Beyonce because she is such an inspiration for me, and an amazing performer.
Dream: You recently released your first single called Swag It Out. Tell us about the song and what it means to you.
Zendaya: Swag It Out is all about finding your personal swag and learning how to own it and rock it!!
Dream: Is music something you’ve always wanted to pursue? Where are you going with music from here?
Zendaya: Most definitely. It’s always been a strong passion of mine, so I hope to continue what I’m doing and hopefully come out with an album.

Dream: Your song “Watch Me” with co-star Bella Thorne is now in the iTunes Top 10! Did you ever think something like this would happen to you?
Zendaya: I’ve always wished something like this would happen, and now that it’s actually happening, I’m just so honored and appreciative.
Dream: You have a very close family; describe your relationship with them. 
Zendaya: My family is who keeps my head on straight and keeps me moving on the right path.  They are always there and I can always count on them.
Dream: Bullying is a huge issue in our world today, especially among kids your age, what is your advice for kids that are being bullied and even to kids who are the bullies?
Zendaya: I would say that you have to talk to someone, whether it is a teacher, a parent, a friend…anyone who will help you to just release what’s inside and can help you find a solution.
Dream: What are your feelings on social networking? Do you think kids at your age having Twitter, Facebook, etc is a good idea?
Zendaya: It may have its ups and downs, but so far for me it’s been a great way for me to get to know my fans and connect with them.
Dream: You are one of the best dressed kids these days, tell us your secret. Where are your favorite places to shop?
Zendaya: My secret is to basically find stuff that suites your body and your personal style…you gotta feel good about what you wear.  I love places like Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, Aritzia, and so many others.
Dream: What is one dream/wish you hope to accomplish in the next 5 years?
Zendaya: Probably to finish an album or more, continue many seasons of Shake It Up and basically keep on the positive path that I am on now.


Shaking It Up with Zendaya:
Directions: Choose only ONE co-star (including you) that is most likely to…
Spend their paycheck at the mall: Bella
Go bungee jumping: Kenton
Have the cleanest room:  Caroline
Eat sardines:  Ewwwwww
Never runs out of energy: Bella
Sleep until noon: all of us!!
Run for president: Davis!
Wear something wacky: Roshon 
Pull a prank: Adam
Scream from a spider: Me!!

Photographer: Alexandra DeFurio
Styling: Liz Sennett & Lacey McConnell
Hair and Make Up: Cassie Lyons using yaby cosmetics





No comments:

Post a Comment